Whiplash - Catherine Coulter Received a free copy via First Reads giveaway.Sigh. Where to start?Okay, positives. Though it started a bit slow, in the long run, the book kept me reading until the end. Well, maybe that was because I felt obligated to finish it so I could give an honest review.Yeah.I knew going in (and having read some of the other reviews) that this was not really a romantic suspense. What I didn't realize was that not only wasn't it a romance (at all), it also wasn't much of a suspense, either. Oh wait, the cover of the book says FBI Thriller. Really?I'm not in the FBI, but I can't imagine that the author's knowledge of the FBI's policies and procedures is much more (or less) than mine. Three agents simply decide to start sharing info with a self-proclaimed Private Investigator? Seriously? The lack of real research was glaringly obvious.And the storytelling just seemed so flat to me. There were far too many characters, and far too much telling, not showing. None of the characters came to life for me. Other than their physical descriptions, their personalities were some of the most cardboard I've read in a long time.I'll admit, it's been awhile since I've read a Catherine Coulter book, and despite the fact that I used to truly enjoy her books, if this book is any indication of her current work, then I may need to pass on future endeavors.